ID Ventures recently commissioned Public Policy Associates (PPA) to research best practices in select states, including in the Great Lakes and Midwest regions. This review of publicly available impact data was performed to assess what other peer states to Michigan are doing to support high-growth startups in their states. The research primarily included cross-state research in the following states: Ohio, Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, New York, Florida, and Texas. PPA conducted a series of stakeholder interviews with state and local leaders to provide detail and help refine findings regarding state efforts to improve venture capital ecosystems. In addition to interviews, PPA examined both the structure of and results from a sample of evergreen funds across the country. From these discussions and examinations, PPA was able to identify several key findings.
This report addresses three topics:
- Key findings and recommendations
- Statewide models to emulate
- State and local examples of evergreen funding in action
- Michigan trails behind other states when it comes to providing early-stage, pre-seed capital to startups.
Links to reports
- Public Policy Associates: “Michigan Startup Evergreen Fund: Landscape Scan” (May 9, 2023)
- Public Policy Associates: “Landscape Scan: Summary Impact Data” (April 2023)
- Press Release: New Report Shows Michigan Lagging Neighboring States on Crucial Funding Support for Entrepreneurs and Startups
- Press Release Data Sheet
For more information, contact Craig Fahle of VVK PR + Creative at email@example.com.